So…clearly The Lord has been trying to talk to me about comfort all last week.
I told a friend if I hear or see the word comfort, being comfortable, comfort zone, or being uncomfortable one more time, I was going to scream.
And yet, that is what our next 3 week online Bible study, Sitting At His Feet, will be about: Growing In The Uncomfortable Place, starting up again on March 22, 2018 8pm CST. (Be sure to join us here.)
- God is the source of ALL comfort.
- God comforts us in all of our troubles. (The most logical next question I had was Why?)
- The reason why is so we can comfort others, i.e. our troubles are not only about us.
- We have troubles (afflictions, hard times, tribulation, as some other translations read) so that we can help others when they are going through similar things.
- We can only comfort others with the same comfort God has given us, which we learned is given in our troubles.
Conclusion: We cannot escape troubles if we want God’s comfort and if we are to comfort others.
(You see where this is going…)
Here is the part that tripped me up.
The more we suffer, the more God will shower us with His comfort through Christ.
Conclusion: God’s comfort only comes through suffering for Christ. No suffering, no comfort from God. More suffering. More comfort from God
How’s that for comfort?!