I decided to join with Beth Moore and do the 31 Days of Prayer, where we will be praying for 31 days for the month of July. I decided to include my prayers here for each country I am praying for and as the Holy Spirit leads. I pray you will join me.
This is the confidence [I] have before Him: If [I] ask anything according to His will, He hears [me]. And if [I] know that He hears whatever [I] ask [I] know that [I] have what [I] asked of Him.”1 John 5:14-15, CSB (emphasis mine)
(Using John 8 to guide these prayers)
Father, I pray:
- That those in Kenya are gathering in churches as the longing and desire to learn more about Christ is developing and their hearts are being softened to the Gospel
- That You are protecting those in Kenya who have recently given their lives to Christ and are being threatened by and persecuted by family members
- That the persecution and threats received by those who have converted from Islam to Christianity would be used as a tool to shape their hearts in a way that shows the love of Christ to the ones they are being persecuted and threatened by
- That the new believers in Kenya are made aware by the Holy Spirit that they do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but that their battle is in the spiritual realm
- That new believers in Kenya who are being threatened and persecuted by family members will continue to see their family through the eyes of love that comes from Jesus
- That believers in Kenya who are preaching the word of God are given wisdom and discernment so they won’t be trapped into saying anything that could be used against them or hinder them from preaching the Gospel
- That the believers in Kenya would continue to maintain a spirit of humility, fully aware that the Holy Spirit is the only One who convicts others of sin
- That believers in Kenya wouldn’t fall into condemning those in their country who do not know Christ, but will continue to reach out to them with love and truth, trusting the Holy Spirit to draw them into a relationship with Christ
- That the people of Kenya will understand that Jesus has come into the world not to condemn them, but to save them and that they would accept this gift of salvation that He offers
- That the women or men of Kenya who have been ostracized, ridiculed or condemned would encounter Jesus who will save them and not condemn them
- That the people of Kenya’s eyes would be opened to see Jesus as the Light of the world so that when they follow Him, they won’t have to walk in darkness because His light will lead them
- That the Holy Spirit would reveal to the people of Kenya who Jesus is so that they may also know who the Father is
- That the people of Kenya would not die in their sins, but that they would give their lives to Christ so that they will no longer belong to the world
- That many in Kenya would believe in Jesus because of those who represent Him in the country of Kenya are living lives that please and glorify God
- That believers in Kenya would continue to be His disciples as they remain faithful to Jesus’ teachings and that they will know the truth which will set them free
- That the people of Kenya would recognize that their sins have made them slaves to sin and that there is a way for them to no longer be slaves but sons and daughters of the family of God through submitting their lives to Jesus
- That the people of Kenya would make room in their hearts for the message of the Gospel, as their hearts are continuously softened by the hearing of the Gospel message is being preached daily
- That the people of Kenya will no longer follow the advice of the enemy, but that the Holy Spirit will would open their ears to hear the Gospel and receive the Word of God in their hearts
- That the people of Kenya will no longer desire to do evil things or be led by the enemy to carry out his plans, but will instead surrender to the Lord and love truth
- That the people of Kenya will discern the lies of the enemy and exchange them for the truth of God’s Word
- That the people of Kenya will become lovers of the truth of God and will gladly listen to the words of God because they belong to Him
- That the people of Kenya will not dishonor Jesus, but instead will honor the Father by honoring His Son
- That the people of Kenya will obey the teachings of Christ so that they may never die
- That the people of Kenya would truly grow in their knowledge of God through experiencing a personal relationship with Jesus
- That the people of Kenya will not seek to hold onto the traditions and customs of old or what they have been taught in error in the name of religion, but that by the power of the Holy Spirit, it would be revealed who Jesus is and that He has always existed from the beginning
- That no flesh and blood in Kenya would steal any glory that rightfully belongs to God, but that the name of Jesus will be lifted up throughout the land to even the most remote villages and areas of Kenya.
In Jesus’ name, I pray. AMEN!
Prayer in Swahili:
Bwana Yesu naomba, Kwamba wale walio Kenya wanakusanyika katika makanisa wakati hamu na hamu ya kujifunza zaidi juu ya Kristo inakua na mioyo yao inalainishwa kwa Injili Kwamba Unawalinda wale walio Kenya ambao hivi karibuni wametoa maisha yao kwa Kristo na wanatishiwa na kuteswa na wanafamilia Kwamba mateso na vitisho vinavyopokelewa na wale ambao wamebadilika kutoka Uislamu kwenda Ukristo vitatumiwa kama nyenzo ya kuunda mioyo yao kwa njia inayoonyesha upendo wa Kristo kwa wale wanaoteswa na kutishiwa na Kwamba waumini wapya nchini Kenya wanajulishwa na Roho Mtakatifu kwamba hawapigani mwili na damu, lakini kwamba vita yao iko katika ulimwengu wa kiroho. Waumini wapya nchini Kenya ambao wanatishiwa na kuteswa na wanafamilia wataendelea kuona familia zao kupitia macho ya upendo ambao hutoka kwa Yesu Kwamba waumini nchini Kenya ambao wanahubiri neno la Mungu wanapewa hekima na busara ili wasinaswa kusema chochote kinachoweza kutumiwa dhidi yao au kuwazuia kuhubiri Injili Kwamba waumini nchini Kenya wangeendelea kudumisha roho ya unyenyekevu, wakijua kabisa kuwa Roho Mtakatifu ndiye pekee anayewahukumu wengine juu ya dhambi Kwamba waumini nchini Kenya hawataanguka kulaani wale walio katika nchi yao ambao hawamjui Kristo, lakini wataendelea kuwafikia kwa upendo na ukweli, wakimwamini Roho Mtakatifu kuwavuta katika uhusiano na Kristo Kwamba watu wa Kenya wataelewa kuwa Yesu amekuja ulimwenguni sio kuwahukumu, bali kuwaokoa na kwamba wangekubali zawadi hii ya wokovu ambayo Yeye hutoa Kwamba wanawake au wanaume wa Kenya ambao wametengwa, kudhihakiwa au kulaaniwa watakutana na Yesu ambaye atawaokoa na sio kuwahukumu Kwamba watu wa macho ya Kenya wangefunguliwa ili kumwona Yesu kama Nuru ya ulimwengu ili kwamba wakati watamfuata, hawatalazimika kutembea gizani kwa sababu nuru yake itawaongoza Kwamba Roho Mtakatifu angewafunulia watu wa Kenya Yesu ni nani ili wapate pia kujua Baba ni nani Kwamba watu wa Kenya hawatakufa katika dhambi zao, lakini kwamba watatoa maisha yao kwa Kristo ili wasiwe tena wa ulimwengu. Kwamba wengi nchini Kenya wangemwamini Yesu kwa sababu ya wale wanaomwakilisha katika nchi ya Kenya wanaishi maisha ambayo yanampendeza na kumtukuza Mungu Kwamba waumini nchini Kenya wangeendelea kuwa wanafunzi Wake wanapobaki waaminifu kwa mafundisho ya Yesu na kwamba watajua ukweli ambao utawaweka huru Kwamba watu wa Kenya wangetambua kuwa dhambi zao zimewafanya watumwa wa dhambi na kwamba kuna njia ya wao kutokuwa watumwa tena bali wana na binti za familia ya Mungu kupitia kuwasilisha maisha yao kwa Yesu. Kwamba watu wa Kenya wangefanya nafasi mioyoni mwao kwa ujumbe wa Injili, kwani mioyo yao inalainishwa kila wakati na kusikia ujumbe wa Injili unahubiriwa kila siku Kwamba watu wa Kenya hawatafuata tena ushauri wa adui, lakini kwamba Roho Mtakatifu atafungua masikio yao kusikia Injili na kupokea Neno la Mungu mioyoni mwao. Kwamba watu wa Kenya hawatatamani tena kufanya maovu au kuongozwa na adui kutekeleza mipango yake, lakini badala yake watajisalimisha kwa Bwana na kupenda ukweli Kwamba watu wa Kenya watatambua uwongo wa adui na wabadilishane ukweli wa Neno la Mungu Kwamba watu wa Kenya watakuwa wapenzi wa ukweli wa Mungu na watasikiliza kwa furaha maneno ya Mungu kwa sababu ni mali Yake Kwamba watu wa Kenya hawatamvunjia Yesu heshima, lakini badala yake watamheshimu Baba kwa kumheshimu Mwanawe Kwamba watu wa Kenya watii mafundisho ya Kristo ili wasife kamwe Kwamba watu wa Kenya wangekua kweli katika kumjua Mungu kupitia kupitia uhusiano wa kibinafsi na Yesu Kwamba watu wa Kenya hawatafuta kushikilia mila na desturi za zamani au kile walichofundishwa kwa makosa kwa jina la dini, lakini kwamba kwa nguvu ya Roho Mtakatifu, ingefunuliwa Yesu ni nani na kwamba Amekuwepo tangu mwanzo Kwamba hakuna nyama na damu nchini Kenya ambayo ingeiba utukufu wowote ambao ni haki ya Mungu, lakini kwamba jina la Yesu litainuliwa kote nchini hata vijiji na maeneo ya mbali zaidi ya Kenya Kwa jina la Yesu ninaomba, Amina
But before you go…
***Tomorrow is not promised. Today is all we have. If you are reading this and haven’t accepted Jesus Christ as Your Lord and Savior, would you consider doing so right now? Jesus died so He could have a personal relationship with you and so that one day, when you leave this earth, you can spend eternity with Him. You can say a prayer similar to this:
Dear Lord, I acknowledge that I am a sinner and that I cannot save myself. You showed Your great love for me, while I was in my sinful state, by sending Jesus Christ to die for me. Today, right now, I declare that Jesus is the Son of God. I believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead. Please enter into my heart, Lord Jesus, forgive me of all of my sins, and seal me with Your Holy Spirit. I choose this day to live for You, all the days of my life. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
If you said this prayer (or something similar) and you truly meant it, welcome to the family of God! Angels in heaven are rejoicing with you on the best decision you will ever make in life, and so am I! Please send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or respond to this post so I can celebrate with you!
Scripture references: The Holy Bible (NLT)
Sign up here and never miss a post!
Please like, share and comment.
LET’S STAY CONNECTED: