I decided to join with Beth Moore and do the 31 Days of Prayer, where we will be praying for 31 days for the month of July. I decided to include my prayers here for each country I am praying for and as the Holy Spirit leads. I pray you will join me.
This is the confidence [I] have before Him: If [I] ask anything according to His will, He hears [me]. And if [I] know that He hears whatever [I] ask [I] know that [I] have what [I] asked of Him.”1 John 5:14-15, CSB (emphasis mine)
(Using John 10 to guide these prayers)
Father, I pray:
- That the churches in Iraq will flourish and grow in a way that is similar to the early church in the book of Acts
- That the house churches in in Iraq will have everything they need as they allow their roots in Christ to grow down deep
- That the house churches in Iraq are like trees planted by the water bringing forth fruit in each season to the glory of God
- That the people of Iraq will not be decided into thinking that they can enter the Kingdom of God any other way but through the Gate, who is Jesus Christ
- That the sheep in Iraq will respond to the voice of their Shepherd, Jesus, as He leads them in how to share the Good News because they know His voice
- That the believers in Iraq will only follow the voice of the Lord, but flee from the voice of strangers
- That Jesus, the Gate for the sheep, is gathering His flock from the people of Iraq and snatching men and women away from the kingdom of darkness
- that the true sheep of Christ in Iraq will come forth and are growing in number by the power of the Holy Spirit as they recognize that those who came before Him were thieves and robbers.
- That the believers in Iraq will discern the various ways the enemy has come to steal, kill and destroy and will rejoice that Jesus has come to give them life and life more abundantly
- That the believers in Iraq will rejoice in the many sacrifices Jesus has made for them and want to tell others in Iraq
- That the believers in Iraq will continue to know and experience God’s protection of those that come against them as wolves in sheep’s clothing
- That the believers in Iraq will take comfort in knowing the Lord will never abandon them
- That the Lord is raising up leaders in Iraq who know the Lord, those who will not allow God’s flock to be attacked by wolves and for the flock to be scattered because they truly care about God’s people
- That the believers in Iraq will continue to grow in their knowledge of Christ as He already knows them intimately
- That the eyes of the blind in Iraq will continue to be opened by the Lord to the truth of the Gospel
- That the people of Iraq will recognize the work Jesus has already done in the Lord’s name as proof of who He is and they would respond by repenting and being saved
- That the believers in Iraq will be encouraged that because they are God’s sheep, they listen to His voice and follow Him, they have eternal life, will never perish and no one can snatch them away from Jesus
- That the power of God will be evident in the country of Iraq and many would surrender their hearts to Jesus
- That the people of Iraq will believe in the evidence of the miraculous works Jesus has done, that they may know who Jesus is and accept Him as their Savior
- That because of those in Iraq who belong to Jesus are preaching the truth about Jesus many who have ears to hear will believe in Him
- That the voice of the Lord would be so clear and powerful in the country of Iraq as He calls many to be saved.
In Jesus’ name, I pray. AMEN!
Prayer in Kurdish:
Xudan Jesussa ez dua dikim, Ku dêran li willraqê dê geş û mezin bibin bi rengek ku dişibe dêra destpêkê di pirtûka Karên andiyan de Ku dêra xaniyên li willraqê dê her hewceyê wan hebe gava ku ew dihêlin ku rehên wan di Mesîh de kûr bibin Ku dêrên xanî li areraqê mîna darên ku bi avê hatine çandin di her demsalê de ji bo rûmeta Xwedê fêkî didin Ku li ser gelên willraqê biryar nayê stendin ku ew bifikirin ku ew dikarin bikevin Padîşahiya Xwedê ji xeynî Dergeh, ku Jesussa Mesîh e, bi rengek din Ku pezên li willraqê wê bersiva dengê pherivanê xwe, Jesussa bidin, wekî ew rêberiya wan dike ku çawa Mizgîniyê parve dikin ji ber ku ew bi dengê wî dizanin Ku bawermendên li willraqê dê tenê li pey dengê Xudan biçin, lê ji dengê xerîban direvin Ew Jesussa, Deriyê pez, keriyê xwe ji nav gelên gatheringraqê berhev dike û mêr û jinan ji padîşahiya tariyê direvîne ku pezên rastîn ên Mesîh li willraqê dê derkevin û bi hêza Ruhê Pîroz her ku diçe zêde dibin ku ew nas dikin ku yên ku hatin pêşiya wî diz û talan bûn. Ku bawermendên li willraqê dê awayên cûr bi cûr ên dijmin dizî, kuştin û wêran kirin fêr bibin û dê şa bibin ku Jesussa hatiye ku jiyan û jiyanek bêtir bi firehî bide wan Ku bawermendên li willraqê wê bi gelek goriyên ku Jesussa ji bo wan kiriye şa dibin û dixwazin ji yên din re li tellraqê jî vebêjin Ku bawermendên li willraqê dê parastina Xwedê ya ku li hember wan wekî gurên di kincê pez de têne, bizanibin û biceribînin Ku bawermendên li willraqê dê bi naskirina Xudan rehet bibin dê tu carî dev ji wan bernede Ku Xudan li leadersraqê rêberên ku Xudan nas dikin mezin dike, yên ku nahêlin pezê Xwedê ji hêla guran ve were êrîş kirin û ker jî werin belav kirin ji ber ku ew bi rastî ji Xwedê re xema wan in Ku bawermendên li willraqê dê di zanîna Mesîh de berdewam bibin ku ew jixwe wan ji nêz ve nas dike Ku çavên kor li willraqê dê ji hêla Xudan ve li ser rastiya Mizgîniyê bêne vekirin Ku gelên willraqê wê xebata ku alreadysa berê li ser navê Xudan kiriye wekî delîl kî ye ew nas dikin û ew ê bi poşmanî û xilasbûnê bersivê bidin Ku bawermendên li willraqê wê dilşad bibin ku ji ber ku ew pezên Xwedê ne, ew guh didin dengê wî û li pey wî diçin, ew jiyana herheyî heye, dê tu carî tune bibin û kes nikare wan ji Jesussa dûr bixe Ku hêza Xwedê dê li welatê beraqê diyar bibe û gelek dê dilê xwe teslîmî Jesussa bikin Ku gelên willraqê dê bi delîlên karên mûcîzeyî yên ku Jesussa kiriye bawer bikin, da ku ew zanibin Jesussa kî ye û Wî wekî Xilaskarê xwe qebûl bikin Ku ji ber yên ku li Iraqê yên Jesussa ne, li ser Jesussa rastiyê didin bihîstin gelek kesên ku guhên wan hene ku bibihîzin dê bi Wî bawer bikin Ku dengê Xudan li welatê soraqê ewqas zelal û bi hêz be ku Ew gazî gelekan dike ku werin xilas kirin. Bi navê Jesussa ez dua dikim, Amîn
But before you go…
***Tomorrow is not promised. Today is all we have. If you are reading this and haven’t accepted Jesus Christ as Your Lord and Savior, would you consider doing so right now? Jesus died so He could have a personal relationship with you and so that one day, when you leave this earth, you can spend eternity with Him. You can say a prayer similar to this:
Dear Lord, I acknowledge that I am a sinner and that I cannot save myself. You showed Your great love for me, while I was in my sinful state, by sending Jesus Christ to die for me. Today, right now, I declare that Jesus is the Son of God. I believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead. Please enter into my heart, Lord Jesus, forgive me of all of my sins, and seal me with Your Holy Spirit. I choose this day to live for You, all the days of my life. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
If you said this prayer (or something similar) and you truly meant it, welcome to the family of God! Angels in heaven are rejoicing with you on the best decision you will ever make in life, and so am I! Please send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or respond to this post so I can celebrate with you!
Scripture references: The Holy Bible (NLT)
Sign up here and never miss a post!
Please like, share and comment.
LET’S STAY CONNECTED: