I decided to join with Beth Moore and do the 31 Days of Prayer, where we will be praying for 31 days for the month of July. I decided to include my prayers here for each country I am praying for and as the Holy Spirit leads. I pray you will join me.
This is the confidence [I] have before Him: If [I] ask anything according to His will, He hears [me]. And if [I] know that He hears whatever [I] ask [I] know that [I] have what [I] asked of Him.”1 John 5:14-15, CSB (emphasis mine)
(Using John 12 to guide these prayers)
Father, I pray:
- That You Lord are placing it on the hearts of others right now to fund projects that create Christian resources in the Tigrinya language for the youth of Eritrea
- That you are raising up leaders in Eritrea who know You, love You and have committed their lives to pouring into the young people in Eritrea
- That as the Eritrean youth grow in their relationship with Jesus, You Lord are raising them up to be young leaders to their peers so that the Gospel is spread across the country of Eritrea like rapid fire
- That You are opposing the proud in Eritrea who are hindering the young people from coming to Christ and thwarting their efforts
- That the hearts of the Eritrean people will be captured by Jesus in such a way that it leads them to pour out their own alabaster boxes in worship to Him
- That the sweet aroma and fragrance of Jesus Christ permeates the entire nation of Eritrea in such a way that all those who step foot on the land will experience a divine encounter with Christ and surrender their lives to Him
- That the Lord would expose the hearts of those in Eritrea who are not concerned with the welfare of the people or are stealing money/resources from those who truly need it to use for their own selfish purposes
- That there will be freedom from oppression and no more lack in the country of Eritrea
- That the believers in Eritrea are caring for the poor, widowed, and orphans among them with the love of Christ
- That as the Gospel is heard throughout the country of Eritrea, it will draw many to surrender their hearts and lives to Jesus
- That the believers in Eritrea will always be found worshipping Jesus and not divided in their hearts about who they ought to worship all their days
- That the people of Eritrea would recognize the true King who has come come in humility, grace and power, Jesus Christ, and surrender to Him
- That the Lord would open the blinded eyes and bring back to the minds of the Eritrean people the miracles and signs Jesus has done so they may follow Him
- That many in Eritrea would have opportunities to talk with believers in Eritrea so they may be introduced to Jesus for themselves by sharing the Good News
- That believers in Eritrea will be willing to continue to die to self that others may know who Christ is and that they would care nothing for their life in this world in order to keep their life in Christ for eternity
- That followers of Jesus in Eritrea will not love their life in this world but are faithfully committed to be a disciple of Jesus and follow Him wholeheartedly
- That the believers of Eritrea will bring glory to the Father as they serve those Jesus died for faithfully
- That Jesus will continue to be lifted up in the country of Eritrea so that He may draw everyone to Himself
- That the light of Christ is continually shining in the hearts of believers in Eritrea so that others maybe drawn to also walk in the light of Christ and no longer be overtaken by the darkness
- That many in Eritrea would put their trust in Christ so that they will become children of the light
- That the people of Eritrea will not fall to the same thing the prophet Isaiah predicted about the people of God not believing the message or the miraculous signs Jesus did
- That the people of Eritrea will have their eyes opened and that the Lord would soften their hearts so that they will turn to the Lord and He would heal them
- That the believers in Eritrea would not be guilty of loving human praise more than the praise of God
- That the people of Eritrea will no longer reject Jesus or His message so they don’t have to walk in the dark
In Jesus’ name, I pray. AMEN!
But before you go…
***Tomorrow is not promised. Today is all we have. If you are reading this and haven’t accepted Jesus Christ as Your Lord and Savior, would you consider doing so right now? Jesus died so He could have a personal relationship with you and so that one day, when you leave this earth, you can spend eternity with Him. You can say a prayer similar to this:
Dear Lord, I acknowledge that I am a sinner and that I cannot save myself. You showed Your great love for me, while I was in my sinful state, by sending Jesus Christ to die for me. Today, right now, I declare that Jesus is the Son of God. I believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead. Please enter into my heart, Lord Jesus, forgive me of all of my sins, and seal me with Your Holy Spirit. I choose this day to live for You, all the days of my life. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
If you said this prayer (or something similar) and you truly meant it, welcome to the family of God! Angels in heaven are rejoicing with you on the best decision you will ever make in life, and so am I! Please send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or respond to this post so I can celebrate with you!
Scripture references: The Holy Bible (NLT)
Sign up here and never miss a post!
Photo credit: canva.com, Photo © Getty Images/HomoCosmicos
Please like, share and comment.
LET’S STAY CONNECTED: