I decided to join with Beth Moore and do the 31 Days of Prayer, where we will be praying for 31 days for the month of July. I decided to include my prayers here for each country I am praying for and as the Holy Spirit leads. I pray you will join me.
This is the confidence [I] have before Him: If [I] ask anything according to His will, He hears [me]. And if [I] know that He hears whatever [I] ask [I] know that [I] have what [I] asked of Him.”1 John 5:14-15, CSB (emphasis mine)
(Using John 19 to guide these prayers)
Father, I pray:
- That the hearts of the believers in Mauritania will not grow hardened in the face of persecution
- That You, Lord, will remind the believers in Mauritania that You see them and You have heard their cries
- That believers in Mauritania will be reminded of the hope they have in Christ and cling to this hope
- That believers in Mauritania will seek the Holy Spirit to learn how to love those who are persecuting them, bless them and pray for them for their hearts to be transformed by the love of Christ
- That believers in Mauritania will not be like this who shrink back, but that their confident trust in the Lord will continue to increase in the midst of their suffering
- That believers in Mauritania will find hope in the Word of God, that even though Jesus was flogged and a crown of thorns placed on His head as well as Him being mocked and slapped, He endured, so they too can find strength to endure hardship
- That believers in Mauritania will stand in the boldness of Jesus of when He was confronted by Pilate who told Jesus he had the power to release Jesus or crucify so that they understand that no other human being has any power over them unless it is given to them from the Lord
- That believers in Mauritania find comfort in the fact that Jesus was crucified so they could be set free
- That believers in Mauritania would not lose sight of the cross nor those who stand on both sides of it and that they would, by God’s grace, extend grace and mercy to their accusers and persecutors.
- that the people of Mauritania will see the faith of the believers there and be overwhelmed by the love of Christ
- That believers in Mauritania would be led by the Holy Spirit in opportunities presented to share the Good News of Jesus with their persecutors
- That believers in Mauritania will continue to care for one another as John cared for the mother of Jesus when He was crucified
- That believers in Mauritania stand in the truth that everything Jesus did was finished on the cross so that they will move forward in the face of persecution because of the finished work of Jesus Christ knowing they have the victory
- That believers in Mauritania will continue to surrender their wills to the Lord and not fall into the temptation to retaliate against their persecutors in any way that doesn’t honor God or may destroy their witness
- That believers in Mauritania are reminded of the blood and water, which flowed from Jesus’ side when He was pierced on the cross, is the same blood that washes them clean of their sins and the water of His Holy Spirit continues to refresh, revive and restore their souls
- That believers in Mauritania who are secret disciples of Jesus will continue to operate in the boldness of the Holy Spirit, refuse to deny Jesus and trust the Lord for their protection should they be asked if they are believers in Christ
- That many in Mauritania will be introduced to Jesus because of the lives lived by believers in Mauritania is one of faith, God’s love demonstrated practically and an undying commitment to spread the Gospel as often as possible
In Jesus’ name, I pray. AMEN!
Prayer in Arabic:
ya rabu yasue 'usaliy , 'ana qulub almuminin fi muritania lan tasalib fi wajh alaidtihad 'iinak ya rabu satadhkir almuminin fi muritanya bi'anak turahum wasamiet sarakhatihim 'an yatima tadhkir almuminin fi muritania bial'amal aladhi ladayhim fi almasih waltashabuth bihadha alraja' 'ana almuminin fi muritania sayaseawn 'iilaa alruwh alqudus liataealamuu kayf yuhibuwn 'uwlayik aladhin yadtahidunahum wayubarikuhum wayusaliy min 'ajl qulubihim 'an tataghayar bimahabat almasihi. 'ana almuminin fi muritanya lan yakunuu mithl hawula' aladhin yatarajaeun , lakina thiqatahum alwathiqat bialrabi satastamiru fi alaizdiad fi khidami mueanaatihim 'an yajid almuminun fi muritania al'amal fi kalimat allah , 'anah ealaa alraghm min jild almasih wawade 'iiklil min al'ashwak ealaa rasih wataearudih lilsukhriat walsafe , 'iilaa 'anah thmal , hataa yatamakanuu hum aydan min 'iijad alquat litahamul almashaqati. 'ana almuminin fi muritania sayaqifun fi jur'at yasue eindama wajahah bilatis aladhi 'akhbar yasue 'ana ladayh alqudrat ealaa 'iitlaq yasue 'aw salbih hataa yafhamuu 'anah la yujad 'ayu 'iinsan akhar ladayh 'ayu sultat ealayhim ma lam yatima 'iietawuha lahum min eind alrabi 'ana almuminin fi muritanya yajidun alraahat fi haqiqat 'ana yasue qad sulib hataa yatima tahriruhum 'ana almuminin fi muritanya lan yaghib ean balhimi alsalib wala 'uwlayik aladhin yaqifun ealaa janibayh , wa'anahum bihamd allah sayuqadimun niematan warahmatan liman yatahimunahum wamudtahiduhum. 'an yaraa shaeb muritanya 'iiman almuminin hunak wasayaghmuruh mahabat almasih 'an yaqud alruwh alqudus almuminin fi muritania fi alfuras almutahat limusharakat bushraa yasue mae mudtahidiihim 'ana almuminin fi muritania sayastamiruwn fi aliaietina' bibaedihim albaed kama kan yuhanaa yahtamu bi'umi yasue eindama sulib 'ana almuminin fi muritania yaqifun fi haqiqat 'ana kula ma faealah yasue qad aintahaa ealaa alsalib hataa yataqadamuu fi wajh alaidtihad bisabab aleamal alnihayiyi liasue almasih wahum yaelamun 'anahum haqaquu alnasr 'an yastamira almuminun fi muritanya fi taslim 'iiradatihim lilrabi waeadam alwuque fi 'iighra' aliantiqam min mudtahidiihim bi'ayi tariqat la tukrim allah 'aw qad tudamir shahadatuhumu. 'iina tadhkir almuminin fi muritanya bialdam walma' , alladhayn tadafaqa min janib yasue eindama tuen ealaa alsalib , hu nafs aldam aladhi yaghsiluhum min khatayahum wayastamiru ma' ruhih alquduws fi alaintieash walhayawiat walhayawiati. aistieadat 'arwahihim 'ana almuminin fi muritanya aladhin hum talamidh siriyuwn liasue sayastamiruwn fi aleamal bijur'at alruwh alqudus , wayarfudun 'iinkar almasih wayathiqun fi alrabi lihimayatihim 'iidha suyiluu eamaa 'iidha kanuu muminin bialmasih 'iina haqiqatan 'ana alkathirin fi muritania sayataearafun ealaa yasue bisabab alhayaat alati yaeishuha almuminun fi muritania hi hayaat 'iiman wamahabat allah alati tazhar emlyan waltzaman la yamut linashr al'iinjil qadr al'iimkani. biaism yasue 'usali , amin
But before you go…
***Tomorrow is not promised. Today is all we have. If you are reading this and haven’t accepted Jesus Christ as Your Lord and Savior, would you consider doing so right now? Jesus died so He could have a personal relationship with you and so that one day, when you leave this earth, you can spend eternity with Him. You can say a prayer similar to this:
Dear Lord, I acknowledge that I am a sinner and that I cannot save myself. You showed Your great love for me, while I was in my sinful state, by sending Jesus Christ to die for me. Today, right now, I declare that Jesus is the Son of God. I believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead. Please enter into my heart, Lord Jesus, forgive me of all of my sins, and seal me with Your Holy Spirit. I choose this day to live for You, all the days of my life. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
If you said this prayer (or something similar) and you truly meant it, welcome to the family of God! Angels in heaven are rejoicing with you on the best decision you will ever make in life, and so am I! Please send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or respond to this post so I can celebrate with you!
Scripture references: The Holy Bible (NLT)
Sign up here and never miss a post!
Grab my free 5 day devotional!
Photo credit: canva.com, Dw.com
Please like, share and comment.
LET’S STAY CONNECTED: