I decided to join with Beth Moore and do the 31 Days of Prayer, where we will be praying for 31 days for the month of July. I decided to include my prayers here for each country I am praying for and as the Holy Spirit leads. I pray you will join me.
This is the confidence [I] have before Him: If [I] ask anything according to His will, He hears [me]. And if [I] know that He hears whatever [I] ask [I] know that [I] have what [I] asked of Him.”1 John 5:14-15, CSB (emphasis mine)
(Using Acts 1 to guide these prayers)
Father, I pray:
- That Cuban pastors would stand firm when pressured from the government to provide info about their church leaders and that You, Lord, would give them the right words to say
- That Cuban pastors will seek You, Lord, for wisdom in how to address the government, respect authority while also protecting the sensitive information of church leaders
- That Cuban pastors will trust You, Lord, to fight their battles and as they open their mouth, You would fill it
- That believers in Cuba would yield to the Holy Spirit, waiting on His leading in everything they do
- That believers in Cuba would continue to treat this gift, Your Holy Spirit that You have given them, with care, reverence and honor.
- That believers in Cuba rest in the assurance that Jesus will return again to restore His Kingdom on earth, even if they don’t know the dates and times
- That believers in Cuba would stay ready for whenever Jesus returns and will occupy until He comes
- That believers in Cuba will walk in the power of the Holy Spirit to be Jesus’ witnesses and to tell people everywhere about Him, starting with those in Cuba, their own country
- That You, Lord, would move through the country of Cuba to bring about resolution between elected officials and the people
- That the lives of those in Cuba will be spared and that many would hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ and respond
- That the protests in Cuba would provide opportunities for believers in Cuba to cry out to the Lord on their country’s behalf
- That You, Lord, would turn the hearts of those in the Cuban government toward You so that change may take place, and that You, Lord, would bring an end to human rights abuses
- That You, Lord, would intervene to address and improve the living conditions of those living in Cuba and that they would have basic goods, services and medical attention
- That believers in Cuba would come together in perfect unity, by the power of the Holy Spirit, to show those in their country that Jesus was sent by God to rescue them and that God loves them so much
- That You, Lord, would arrest the hearts of the people in Cuba as they cry out to You, Lord, for change because You are the only One who can help them
- That You, Lord, would meet the needs of those in Cuba and restore their hope
- That believers in Cuba would gather together in upper rooms all across their country to pray in unity while they wait on the Holy Spirit to manifest His power and move throughout the country
- That those in Cuba who are operating in treachery and deception will be exposed and removed from their positions and may they repent before You, Lord
- That many in Cuba would repent and turn their hearts to the Lord for salvation
- That believers who are leaders in Cuba would seek the Lord in prayer as to who they should choose for specific positions and roles in order that the Gospel will continue to go forth because You, Lord know every heart.
In Jesus’ name, I pray. AMEN!
But before you go…
***Tomorrow is not promised. Today is all we have. If you are reading this and haven’t accepted Jesus Christ as Your Lord and Savior, would you consider doing so right now? Jesus died so He could have a personal relationship with you and so that one day, when you leave this earth, you can spend eternity with Him. You can say a prayer similar to this:
Dear Lord, I acknowledge that I am a sinner and that I cannot save myself. You showed Your great love for me, while I was in my sinful state, by sending Jesus Christ to die for me. Today, right now, I declare that Jesus is the Son of God. I believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead. Please enter into my heart, Lord Jesus, forgive me of all of my sins, and seal me with Your Holy Spirit. I choose this day to live for You, all the days of my life. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
If you said this prayer (or something similar) and you truly meant it, welcome to the family of God! Angels in heaven are rejoicing with you on the best decision you will ever make in life, and so am I! Please send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or respond to this post so I can celebrate with you!
Scripture references: The Holy Bible (NLT)
Sign up here and never miss a post!
Grab my free 5 day devotional!
Photo credit: canva.com, Photo by Gayatri Malhotra on Unsplash
Please like, share and comment.
LET’S STAY CONNECTED: